Printing Services during COVID-19
Remote Printing at the Alameda Free Library
The Alameda Free Library is pleased to provide remote printing during the COVID-19 closures. Send your print job from any Internet-connected or Wi-Fi enabled device and pickup your print at the computer courtyard during open hours.
How Remote Printing pickup works
- Print jobs may be sent 24 hours in advance, Monday through Friday. However, printing and pickup will only occur during open hours (Monday 2pm-7pm, Tues-Fri 12pm-5pm).
- Please note that although you will receive an automated confirmation email stating that the job is waiting for pickup, you will need to call us at 510-747-7713 during Computer Courtyard hours to confirm.
- Total number of pages will be limited to 10 pages per patron per day.
- No editing or reformatting will be provided.
- Google Drive Users: If you wish to print a document from your Google Drive, you will need to download the document from Google Drive and attach the downloaded file to the email you send to us. A link to the document in Google Drive will not work.
Please follow these steps to pick up your print job with Sidewalk Service:
- Send an email with the document to be printed attached to one of the email addresses below. If you want to print an email, forward the email.
- Black and White prints use email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Color prints use email address: email@example.com
- Once you send your print job you will receive an automated confirmation that the document has been sent, contact us at 510-747-7713 within 24 hours of submission to give us permission to print the documents and schedule a pickup time during our Computer Courtyard hours.
- Upon arrival at the library come to the Computer Courtyard entrance and provide your name or email address to obtain your print job.
Safety Measures: Please remember to wear a face covering when picking up your print job and keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and other library patrons and staff.
Questions: Send an email to our Reference staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get back to you within 1-2 days.