October 2020 Update:
The Alameda County Health Officer Order dated October 1, 2020, allows libraries to reopen at less than 25% capacity, effective October 9. We are developing a plan to reopen our buildings in accordance with this Health Officer Order. Our highest priority is the health and safety of all. We are ordering the supplies and developing the protocols necessary to reopen our buildings safely.
When will the Alameda Free Library buildings reopen?
We are eager to reopen our libraries to the public, as soon as we are able to do so safely. We are training staff, ordering supplies, developing protocols and modifying library spaces in preparation for reopening. In the meantime, we continue to offer these services:
• Library Takeout is No Contact Pickup offered by appointment at the Main Library to allow our card holders safe access to library materials such as books and DVDs. Not sure what to read? Ask about our Genre Grab Bags, selected by our staff! There are many to choose from!
• Virtual Programs offer fun virtual activities for all ages to learn together and stay connected during this time of physical distancing.
• “Ask A Librarian” connects members with librarians for reference questions, research help, assistance with online resources, and more.
• “Your Next Read” provides members with personalized reading recommendations.
• Online Resources, including eBooks, streaming movies, and more can be accessed with your library card.
• eCards, give City of Alameda residents instant access to all online resources.