Lawyers in the Library
Lawyers in the Library (by phone)
Note: December sessions are currently full. The next available session date is Thursday, January 5th, 2023.
Connect with an attorney from Legal Access Alameda for a free, 15-minute phone appointment:
- Every First Thursday of the month, 5-8pm
- Every Second Tuesday of the month, 5-7pm
- Every Third Wednesday of the month, 10am-12pm
Lawyers in the Library is a free consultation and referral program offered in partnership with Legal Access Alameda, the pro bono arm of the Alameda County Bar Association. The program is staffed by volunteer attorneys that can answer questions on most legal topics or they can refer you to other resources.
At this time, we are only offering phone appointments.
Sign up for a free 15-minute consultation with a volunteer attorney by filling out this form. A library staff member will be in touch to schedule your appointment. If you prefer to fill out a paper form please visit the library for a printed form.
Both forms are available here:
LIL Legal Access Intake Form(PDF, 91KB) / Legal Advice Agreement(PDF, 100KB)
If an accommodation or translation service is needed please contact us at (510) 747-7713.
How to make an appointment:
- Complete the online form or visit the library to fill out a paper form. A library staff member will contact you to schedule your phone appointment.
Visit the following websites for more information on legal assistance:
- Bay Area Legal Aid – Free civil legal assistance, advice and counselling for low income clients
- Getting Legal Help – Discover low-cost legal help and resources to help you with your case.
- LawHelpCA.org – Reliable information about common legal issues, information on free or low-cost legal advice organizations.
- Legal Services of Northern California –Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC) is a federal, state and local-funded legal services program providing free civil representation to low-income clients in 23 counties in Northern California.