There are lots of opportunities for volunteers aged 16 and over at the library.
Our current openings include:
- Sorting and shelving
- Preparing checked in materials for shelving, shelving materials, and maintaining shelved materials
- Greeting customers and providing directions to the library's staff and facilities
- Providing computer instruction Special Projects
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities, including writing book reviews
If you are interested in spending some time working with us, please:
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form(PDF, 21KB) and leave it at any library branch. Another option: fill out and submit online
- You will be contacted for a brief in-person or telephone interview
- You can request, be selected for, and then placed into a particular job or jobs
- You will receive orientation including a tour of the building, introduction to the library staff, and review of the volunteer policy
- There will be additional job orientation and training for your volunteer job.
Other notes to consider:
- The library does not provide hours for court-mandated community service.
- Volunteers between 7th and 10th grade can work as a voluntween at children's.
- More volunteer opportunities can be found at our sister organization in Friends of the Alameda Free Library:
If you would like more information, please email Volunteer Coordinator Brian Trieu at email@example.com